Within Virginia Players, the Workshop Series organizes events that focus on a specific subject or artist, allowing students to delve further into subjects that might not reside in their area of study or to interact with faculty members and guest artists they may not encounter through their classes. The overall goal of the Workshop Series is to provide varied opportunities for students — whether they be experience-based, academic, or social.
Do you have a theatre topic you’d like to learn more about? Would you like a workshop on a skill you wish to improve on? Would you like an opportunity to learn more about a specific faculty member or guest artist? Please send any suggestions to Directors of Education, Julia Ruth Holland and Michael Giovinco at email@example.com.
- A conversation with guest artist Nancy Carlin about her writing process for “Max Understood”
- Mastering Cold Readings, workshop with Richard Warner
- Chat with the MFA Actors about graduate programs in theatre
- Auditioning masterclass with Richard Warner and Bob Chapel
- Directing workshop with guest artist Sandy Shinner
- Basics of stage combat, workshop with Marianne Kubik and J.P. Scheidler